South Africa Land Based Casinos
Casinos are not just limited to Las Vegas and Monaco. They can be found in South Africa as well. South Africa is home to a variety of casinos, whether they parallel the Las Vegas casinos or bingo parlors.
Here are just a few of the casinos in South Africa:
1. Sun City Casino: The most popular casino in South Africa, the Sun City Casino offers a gambling experience to beginners and experts from all over the world. Their gaming space includes slot machines, video poker, 33 table games with Roulette and Blackjack among others and a high-stakes, invitation only room for the most experienced table game players. Sun City also offers a variety of cuisines at their many restaurants, including fast food, vegetarian, South African and Mediterranean. A variety of entertainment venues offering shows from all over the world is also available for those who are tired of gambling.
2. Montecasino: The Montecasino offers a wide variety of table games, including poker, Blackjack and Baccarat, as well as an assortment of slot machines with a wide price range. Montecasino also offers a loyalty program that rewards frequent customers with points, allowing the customers to play more games and increase their luck. The casino also offers restaurants, several movie theaters and live entertainment for families.
3. Emperor’s Palace Hotel, Casino and Resort: Emperor’s Palace was deemed the largest casino in Johannesburg, with over 1,700 slot machines and 68 table games, including 15 poker tables. The casino also offers 10 restaurants that serve cuisines from all over the world, including American and Indian. Live entertainment venues are also available for guests who cannot entertain themselves enough with gambling.
4. GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World: The GrandWest Casino, located in Cape Town, is home to 120,000 square feet of casino space. Inside those 120,000 square feet are more than 2,500 slot machines and 78 table games, 10 of which are poker tables. There is also a high-stakes poker room called the Poker Pit for the more experienced players. If you want to take a quick break from betting, you can visit any one of the 10 restaurants, the grand entertainment venue, or the bars and clubs.
5. The Boardwalk Casino: Located in Port Elizabeth, The Boardwalk is the only licensed casino in the Nelson Mandela Bay area. It offers 24 gaming tables, 900 slot machines, eight restaurants, 3D cinemas, a bowling alley and a water jet attraction. This casino is perfect for expert gamblers and families.
These are just a few of the many casinos in South Africa. Whether you are a South African resident or a tourist, any of these casinos offer everything you could possibly be looking for.